We’re excited to head for the fabled Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the 2017 edition of the SCCA Runoffs – the Big Dance for amateur sports-car racing.
And we’re not alone: Everybody wants to take a shot at the Brickyard, so this will be the biggest Runoffs ever. What a thrill to be part of it!
Below is a quick look at Team Flatout this year. We’ll post updates here as qualifying and races get rolling (the event itself is Sept. 25 – Oct. 1).
- Nick Leverone, SM and STL (President Nick was picked by SportsCar magazine to podium!).
- Amy Mills in SM and STL, running Jon Farbman’s wicked rotary-powered Miata.
- Whit Gregg in SM and STL in his own car. Indefatigable Whit will also compete in T4 in the newly built Subaru BRZ of Peter Tonelli.
- Joe Schubert in SM and STL.
- Eric Thompson will run in STU and T1 in his Celica All-Trac Turbo, and in STL in Attilio Albani’s Honda S2000 (which we’ve just upgraded for the occasion!).
- Craig McHaffie in STL, driving the family ex-Koni Challenge MX-5.
- Hugh McHaffie in his newly acquired ex-Pirelli Challenge NC MX-5, featuring a new engine and paint to match the Koni Challenge car.
At-track crew will include Leverone, Adam Desrosiers, Dave Goulet, Kyle Santos, Andrew Burke, and Evan Consolazio. If you trek to Indy, drop by and say hello!